It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday: Logan MacNeill & Chloe Murphy! Belated wishes to Nathan Fitzpatrick, Mikayla Gill, Merlin M’Cloud, Owen O’Neill & Jessica Perry
Welcome Staff Guests: Mindy Johnston, Nicole Butler, Anna Howlett, Heather Brooks, Harris Campbell, Katie Hicken & April Ennis
Highlights for Today:
• Get in on the draw!! All students who have registered for the Wellness Expo by 4PM on Monday will have their name in a draw for Gift Cards!!
• The following students please go to room 141 for a short meeting at 12:10 today: Jessica Perry, Luke Myers, Katie E MacNeill, Darian Rice, Evan Stewart and Kyla White
• Viking Pin applications are due in 15 school days. Stop by library for an application and submit to Mrs. Killeen by May 7th!
• Reminder to teachers: Job Fair at the Cavendish Wellness Centre today 12:30- 2:00 today! Any teachers who would like to take their class over PLEASE let Ms. A know before you go!
• Cafeteria’s Special: Chicken Burgers Or Chicken Fingers With Wedges; Breaded Drum Stick With Wedges; ½ Chicken Caesar Wrap With Soup Of The Day; Soup Of The Day: Veggie With Crackers
• Men’s & Women’s Hockey Players-Please return your Jersey to Ms. Trainor ASAP!
• The following students have been chosen to take place in the Fly-fishing session during the Wellness Fair & MUST SEE MR TRAINOR:
Noah Greencorn, Joel MacEachern, Trey Doiron, Emma Stewart, Jason Giersdorf, Kody Burnside, Issac Mc Guirk, Thadeus Rooney, Brodie McCarthy, Joe Brothers, Travis Lapointe & Kristin MacIntyre. Please see Mr. Trainor ASAP for a permission form. There will be a brief meeting on Monday, April 16th.
• Badminton Regional tournament tonight, Players may need to leave early to arrive at the venues prior to 4 pm to warm -up… please arrive 20 minutes early Juvenile Singles at Rural (Girls at 4pm and boys at 6:30)
1. Halle Stewart
2. Gabby Macdonald
3. Briana Creed
4. Courtney McGeoghan
1. Jack Munroe
2. Jacob Stewart
3. Reid Peardon
4. Joel MacEachern
Senior Singles at Gray (Girls at 4 pm; Boys at 6:30 pm)
1. Grace Gormley
2. Morgan Jardine
3. Abby Munroe
1. Evan Stewart
2. Stephen McGeoghan
3. Darian Rice
4. Hunter Wight
Players not playing in this evening’s regional event can practice after school in the gym thanks to Mr. Phil Macdonald.
• Basketball Intramurals: Hoops I Did IT Again VS Flint Tropic
• Women’s softball practice after school today (outside)
• The Cardigan and Area Minor Ball Association has released the dates, times and location for player registration for the 2018 season. The registration sessions are as follows: Wednesday, 18 April 2018 at the Cardigan Village Office (6 pm – 8 pm) Saturday, 21 April 2018 at the Cardigan Village Office (9 am – 2 pm) Registration forms can be found at: https://www.baseballpei.ca/cardiganforms
• Men’s Rugby practice every Tuesday & Thursday 3:30 – 6:00
• Wellness Expo 2018 On Wednesday, April 18th in the morning, we will be having our second Wellness Expo at MRHS due to the fact it was so well received in the fall. Registration will take place on line this time – go to
mrhswellnessexpo2018.sched.com/signup to sign up for sessions. You will have to create an account first. There are two session times, however, some sessions are doubles, in which case you should only sign up for one. Registration should be completed by Friday, April 13. Space is limited in the sessions, so register soon! First come, first served! Please be aware that participants for the fly-fishing session will be chosen by lottery – you should sign up for alternative sessions in case you are not selected.
• This Thursday evening during parent-guardian/teacher interviews, everyone is welcome to drop by the information booth presented by the Student Well-being Team in the lobby. Displays include the survey results from the 2017 student tobacco survey, and the results of the recent grade 12 student survey on the upcoming ‘lunch and learn’ sessions that will be happening in May! Also, we are pleased that the Youth Addiction Counselor will be joining the Student Well-being Team to answer questions about the upcoming cannabis regulations. We have useful information to help you talk to your teen about cannabis.
We are here to help so please drop by and have a chat. We look forward to hearing from you.
• Grade 12 students there have been scholarships deadlines added the Montague Regional High School Calendar. Please come up to Student Services if you have any questions.
• Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and The Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 18th, 2018. Applications can also be found in Student Services or on the website at: http://hockeypei.com/page.php?page_id=40723
• The Saint Dunstan’s Scholarship is intended for incoming full-time undergraduate students at the University of Prince Edward Island who are practicing Roman Catholics and whose permanent residence is within the Diocese of Charlottetown. Requirements and online application form available in Student Services Award Value – $5,000 Deadline: April 15th, 2018
• PEI Fisherman Association Bursary $2,000 scholarships awarded to two students from each fishing local for a total of twelve scholarships. Candidates will only be eligible for one local. Requirements and applications available in Student Services Deadline April 13th, 2018
• The Kidney Foundation of Canada, Atlantic Branch, will be offering four $500 bursaries, one for each of the Atlantic Provinces this year. I have enclosed the application for you to distribute to students that are returning to school in the fall and whose families are affected financially by kidney disease. This year’s deadline is June 15, 2018 and you may forward completed applications to me at the above address or they can be emailed to email@example.com
• 4-H PEI Scholarships The PEI 4-H Council and PEI 4-H Alumni offer a $1000 Scholarship (each) to a 4-H member in good standing, graduating from a recognized Island school of learning in the year in which the scholarship is awarded. https://www.pei4h.ca/scholarships—member-awards
• 4-H PEI is pleased to offer travel award opportunities for 4-H PEI members. Travel awards may differ from year to year based on what is available through the National and International 4-H travel programs. https://www.pei4h.ca/scholarships—member-awards
• PEI Mutual Scholarship applications are now available at Student Services. Financial need and academic achievement are the main criteria. Due Date May 11, 2018.
• The Chris Huskilson Emera Scholarship An Atlantic Canadian student attending an Atlantic Canadian university in the areas of science, technology, engineering, entrepreneurship or math, will receive $10,000 per year for four years. The recipient will also receive a paid, 12-week internship and a senior mentor from one of Emera’s companies. The deadline to apply for The Chris Huskilson Emera Scholarship is April 26, 2018.
For more details on this and other scholarships offered by Emera Inc., please visit our website at http://www.emera.com/scholarships