It’s a “C-D Day”!
Happy Birthday: Sara Murphy
Belated Birthday Wishes to Taylynn Blackett, Gabe Inman, Eve Ellsworth & Britney MacDonald who all celebrated on the weekend!
Welcome Staff Guests: Charles Sanderson, Wanda Cheverie & Dawn Martell
Highlights for Today:
• Today in the Cafeteria: Creamy ham and potato casserole topped with cracker crumbs, cheese and a fresh baked roll; Chili and cheese on fries with a small juice box; Deli subs
• Today, Monday, November 4 from 1:55 – 3:00 pm, Shannon Sullivan, an Admissions Officer from Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario will be visiting our school. If you are interested in learning more about their exciting degree programs, scholarships and the advantages of studying in the Nation’s capital you won’t want to Ms. Shannon’s presentation. For more information and to sign up please see Ms. Victor or Ms. Sanderson
• All Fall Athletics whose sports have finished need to pass in their jersey Right Away to Ms. Trainor!!!
Tuesday: Chicken quesadilla with Mexican rice; Philly cheese steak on hoagie bread; 1/2 breaded chicken ranch wrap with side pasta salad
Wednesday: Large cold plate (potato salad, coleslaw, sliced ham and turkey, with sliced cucumber and tomato; Shepherd’s pie with side salad and fresh baked roll
Thursday: Hearty beef stew, fresh baked roll and a special cookie; Pulled pork on a bun with side salad; Grilled cheese sandwich
• Intramural Dodgeball: None today
• Men’s Pick-Up Basketball every Thursday 7:30 pm. All are welcome, any students who are trying out for the men’s team are strongly encouraged to attend.
• MRHS Wrestling Team Practice Schedule: Mondays 5:00-6:30 pm Wednesdays at 4:30-6:00 pm
• Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Wednesday, November 6. See Mrs. Killeen for a card.
• Remembrance Day contest: Students are encouraged to check out the following website http://www.legion.ca/communitiesyouth/youtheducation/remembrance-contests for info on poster and literary contests offered through The Canadian Legion. Here’s your chance to win a trip for two to Ottawa for the National Remembrance day Ceremony on Nov 11, 2019! See Mrs. Killeen for more details, registration forms and brochures. Our students often place in the top 3! Deadline for entries is Wednesday Nov 6. Get your submissions in.
• All members of the vocal ensemble are reminded that they have rehearsal with the jazz ensemble Monday morning at 7:30 am and they must have their uniforms on as we will be leaving for Georgetown at 9:30 am on Monday.
• All members of the instrumental music class, jazz and vocal ensembles, concert band and drama class are reminded that they will have a tech run for the Remembrance Day Service Tuesday after school from 3:30-5:00. All must attend.
• Colouring Circle is on Wednesdays in Library Room 106 at 12noon. See Mrs. Killeen for details. Feel free to bring your lunch. Supplies provided, but if you have your own, bring that along!
• SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) meets every Thursday in room 95 at 11:50. Bring your lunch.
• SAFE meeting every Tuesday in Mr. Lea’s room at 12
• All Students must pay $20 Student Fees
• All Grade 12 students must pay a Grad fee of $40.00 to offset the cost of grad activities.
• Grade 12’s interested in attending UPEI or Holland College should sign up now for their open houses on November 8th. UPEI is from 9am-1pm and Holland College is from 1-4pm. Students MUST register online to attend the event. You will get a tour of the specific program you are interested in. Both schools will also waive your application fee.
• The University of New Brunswick will be hosting “Discover UNB Events” on November 5th, 2019 at 7pm at the Credit Union Place, Summerside and on November 6, 2019 at 2019 at 7pm at the Delta Prince Edward, Charlottetown. The session will feature a presentation and a chance to talk with UNB representatives about admissions, scholarships, student life and more. The sessions are open to anyone who is interested in learning more about UNB. Interested grade 12 students can have their application assessed on the spot at the event. Please arrive at 6:30pm for Admission on the Spot. RSVP online at unb.ca/recruitment