It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday: Joel Annear, Keaton Bushey, Diarmuid de Montbrun, Owen MacNeill & Caitlin McKenna
Welcome to Staff Guests: Brynn VanWiechen, Michelle Dalton, Jim Harris, Philippa Bradley
Highlights for Today:
• The Brodie McCarthy Memorial Raffle ~The top 10 Student Ticket Sellers will receive a free raffle ticket, and 50 random students names will be drawn for a raffle ticket. This is made possible from an anonymous donation!
• SAVE Meeting @ 11:45
• Concert Band members: Don’t forget that we will be hosting our open rehearsal for MIS and Vernon River students on Wednesday after school from 3:30-4:30.
• Student Council will drop off an envelope to homerooms for Easter Seal Collections. The home room with the most money collected will be treated to an ice cream party.
o Student Council are having a cake auction on Wednesday (April 17) at lunch in the cafeteria.
o The Easter Seals Fun Run/Walk will be held the last half of C block on April 24. Students have to purchase a ticket prior to the event $5.
• Ball Hockey Meeting today Wednesday 11:43 Rm 84 Attendance Mandatory.
• Cafeteria Specials Today: Fries with the works; Warm chicken taco wrap; Grilled cheese sandwich with corn and bacon chowder
Intramural ball hockey playoffs starting Tuesday, April 16.
Tuesday, April 16: Caleb Creed’s team vs Garry’s Grilled Cheese (Semi 1)
Wednesday, April 17: Staff Hawks vs KCK + Gabe (Semi 2)
Championship round is best of 3 games.
Wednesday, April 24: Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2
Thursday, April 25: Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2
Friday, April 26: Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2 (if needed)
Student Well-Being Team (SWBT):
Feeling lucky? Interested in winning a prize? Check out the wellness themed information booth in the lobby during lunch break April 11th for an Easter treat and some positivity! The SWBT members will give you some hints to find hidden Easter eggs around your school. Find them all, and you could win a prize. Completed entries can be dropped off at the Student Well-being Team office (room 87). The grand prize winner will be announced at afternoon break April 18th. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
• Women’s Rugby: Rugby on Monday @ 4:00 -6:00 & Wednesday 4:15- 6:15 PM
• Men’s Rugby: Rugby on Tuesday & Thursday @ 4:15- 6:15 PM
• Women’s softball practice Thursday at 12 in the gym. Please be changed and with a glove ready to go.
• Intramurals-Ball Hockey ~
• Women’s Basketball Team Meeting, April 15 Rm 85 @ 11:43. All players must attend!
• Students at MRHS have the opportunity to apply for the Arthur and Theresa MacDonald Scholarship, valued at $1000! In order to qualify, students much be enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary school, demonstrate effort and dedication to academic studies, demonstrate financial need, and must not be in recipient of any other major scholarship or award from their high school. Follow the link below to fill in an application. DEADLINE: May 1, 2019
• D Michael A Rudder and Susan E. Reid Charitable Foundation. The primary purpose of the Foundation is to provide scholarships to students who are residents of the Maritime Provinces, British Columbia and Alberta and are planning to enter universities or community colleges. Awards for students entering a university are up to $20,000 over four years and for those entering a Community College up to $12,000 over two years.
Complete information regarding the awards, including eligibility and an application form, is available at our website: rudderreidfoundation.com
• All Grade 12 students must pay a Grad fee of $40.00 to offset the cost of grad activities.
• Reminder to Grade 12 students to please sign into the google classroom created by Student Services, more information is being added and you don’t want to miss out. Grade 12 Information, code is vtk490
• Applications are now available in Student Services for the 2019 PEI Fishermen’s Association Member. The deadline is April 15, 2019.
• Readers Circle meets weekly on Wednesday at 12noon in Library Room 106. All are welcome.
• The SAVE committee will now meet on Wednesday’s from 11:45-12:15. This will accommodate second semester scheduling changes and other meetings that members attend.
• Cardigan Minor Ball registration dates, April 17 6-8 PM & April 20 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. Registration forms are online at http://tinyurl.com/cardiganminorball