It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday: Jagaer Clory, Rachael Martens, Melissa McGee
Highlights for Today:
Student Council applications! Deadline is Friday!
The following students please see Ms. A. today! Trista MacLeod, Adam Menzie, Jack Batten, Britney Gotell, Tyler macLean, Nicolle MacLean & Jezziah Reeves
Ms Hayden-Ward’s C block CEO class should go to room 85 for today’s class only.
Heckbert’s Grad Photos until Thursday!
Grad Activity Committee Meeting today, Tuesday at 12;05 in Room 119. Those interested in having input into activities throughout the year should be there.
Games Room, room 84 will be open from 12:05-12:30.
Viking Fit – workouts after school 3:30-4pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. All are welcome!!
Breakfast Club Volunteers – Meeting today @ 11:43 in room #136 (foods room).
Student Well Being Team-Open House: Tuesday, 11:43 Rm 87 FREE FOOD!
Cafeteria: Beef Tacos & Rice & Corn; Large grilled chicken Caesar salad; ½ Thai Chicken Wrap & soup; Vegetable soup; Full Chicken Caesar Salad
• Cross-country — We will be running Tuesday and Thursday after school, meeting in the main lobby at 3:30 pm. Please return the forms as soon as possible so we can register you for the first event at Rural on October 2.
• Men’s baseball practice Tuesday, Sept 18, at the Cardigan fields, at 6 pm.
• All athletes are require to pass in their forms (release and concussion forms) and pay their athletic fee before they can play in their first game. All school teams begin on Monday, Sept 17. Please see Ms. Trainor ASAP
• Applications now available for Loran Scholarship in Student Services. Applications are due back into Student Services on October 10th at 3pm. Any questions please see Ms. Victor or Ms. Kelly
• Reminder for students who are volunteering with organizations, you must register with Community Services Bursary in order to accumulate hours. If you have any questions please come to Student Services. Here is the link to register.
• All Grade 12 students must pay a Grad fee of $40.00 to offset the cost of grad activities
• Lifetouch pictures – Monday, September 24 (pm only) Retakes-Mon. Oct 29th
• This year’s YDAY (Youth Day) will be held on Saturday, September 22nd at Stanley Bridge Country Resort and will see over 100 Island youth aged 16-34 gather for a day of important conversations, feedback gathering and idea-sharing. YDAY is a free event with morning snacks, lunch and transportation from Charlottetown and Summerside. The focus of the day will be on putting ideas into action, with the long term goal of making PEI the ideal place for youth to live, work and thrive!
Here is the website http://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/event/yday-2018. Feel free to use messaging such as “Youth ages 16-34 are encouraged to attend YDAY 2018 on Saturday, September 22nd with keynote speaker, two time Olympic Goal-Medalist, Heather Moyse”
• Polar Expressions 13th annual Student Short Story & Poetry Contest (K through Gr.12 students are eligible) is happening now. Poetry deadline: November 16, 2018 and Short-story deadline: November 23, 2018! The last several years MRHS has had many submissions, some finishing nationally!!! Application forms and more info in the library!!!
• Students are encouraged to check out the following website http://www.legion.ca/communities-youth/youth-education/remembrance-contests for info on poster and literary contests offered through The Canadian Legion. Here’s your chance to win a trip for two to Ottawa for the National Remembrance day Ceremony on Nov 11, 2019! See Mrs. Killeen for more details, registration forms and brochures.
• Page Program applications are now available at Student Services. The Page Program offers a unique experience for students to see the workings of the PEI Legislative Assembly. Come see Ms. Victor or Ms. Kelly for questions. Applications are due Monday, Oct. 1st.
• Concussion Awareness Program Information Session
Dr. William Montelpare and the Concussion Awareness Program team from UPEI will present a concussion information session at the Montague Regional High School cafeteria on September 27 at 6:00 pm. This session is open to the public – all are welcome to attend.
• Come Try Ringette Event in Montague: September 20th at 6:30, All you need is your skates and a helmet. There will be treats and prizes! Ringette Registration September 11th & 20th at Cavendish Farms Wellness Center 5:00 to 8:00 & September 22nd at CFWC 9:00 to 12:00. If there are any questions let me know through email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 9023880758.