It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to Staff Guests: Kyle Adams, Julie Carver & Philippa Bradley
Highlights for Today:
• MRHS Women’s rugby team is hosting a homemade spaghetti dinner served with garlic bread and a cookie on February 8th, 2019 in the cafeteria from 4-6pm. This meal prepared by the culinary cost is a fundraiser for the team’s upcoming trip to B.C. Tickets are available at the main office at MRHS or from any team member. Cost is $8 Adult/$5 child (12 & under)
• Very Important Powerlifting Meeting in Student Services today at 11:45. All Must Attend.
• Women’s Rugby Team travelling to BC must go to Student Services at 10:20 to pick up tickets to sell for the spaghetti dinner.
• Go!East PEI is offering FREE Beginner Yoga sessions with Steven Fancy starting Jan 29th at 3:20pm for 6 weeks. Sessions will here at MRHS. Sign up at the main office.
• Yearbook Page “Most Likely to…” All Grade 12’s are encouraged to vote. Vote outside the Yearbook Office at anytime before Feb. 4th. Only Grade 12’s can be nominated & vote.
Example: Most Likely to…Marry Rich
Most Likely to ….Sleep through Graduation
• Cafeteria Specials Today: Beef and veggie stir fry on a bed of rice, egg roll, fortune cookie & chop sticks!
1/2 chicken ranch wrap with carrot sticks; Grilled cheese sandwich
Student Well Being Team:
Stress Buster Message: Positive Thinking
Think forward! Sometimes when we’re stressed, it can help to remind ourselves that the stressful situation will come to an end eventually. We do this by imagining a future scene when things look and feel different, or by making a motto and repeating it to ourselves until we get through the stressful situation. For example, we might say ‘I got this’ or other light hearted mantras before a school exam. It works for bigger problems too. Be truthful and realistic, and say positive things like ‘I’m going to do really well this year in school. I can improve my math mark’.
• Women’s Rugby-Early Morning Rugby on Wednesdays @ 7:15 AM
• Men’s Basketball ~ Monday & Wednesday, 5-7 PM, Tuesday & Thursday 7-9 PM,
• Women’s Basketball ~ Monday & Wednesday, 7-9 PM, Tuesday & Thursday 5-7 PM
• Viking Rec Sports: open to all students and staff, a variety of sports each Wednesday after school, 3:15-4:30, beginning Wednesday, January 16th with Volleyball
• Badminton: Mondays at noon
• Viking Fit – Tuesday, Thursday after school, Wednesday mornings. All are welcome!!
● Beautiful You Prom is an organization that is available for students who require financial assistance in “dressing their best” for prom. Beautiful You will provide free dresses, shoes, and jewelry to help you celebrate your big day. Student Services also has access to prom dresses. Please see Ms. Kelly or Ms. Victor in Student Services if you’re interested in accessing any of these services!
● The Montague Rotary Club is awarding scholarships to several lucky students at Montague, Morell, and Souris High Schools. Scholarships are valued at $1000, and will be deposited directly to your college or university of choice — on or off Island! To be considered for this scholarship, you are required to write an essay highlighting “the importance of providing service to your community”. Please see Ms. Kelly or Ms. Victor in Student Services for more information. Deadline: February 14th, 2019
● All Grade 12 students must pay a Grad fee of $40.00 to offset the cost of grad activities.
● Another reminder to grade 12 students to please sign into the google classroom created by Student Services, more information is being added and you don’t want to miss out. Grade 12 Information, code is vtk490
● Applications are now available in Student Services for the 2019 PEI Fishermen’s Association Member
Deadline is April 15/18.
• Debate Club, Thursdays @ 12:00 Rm 211
● Crime Stoppers 2019 Anti-Bullying contest-Pink Shirt Campaign. We are asking students to promote awareness, understanding and openness about the problem of bullying and to commit to standing up against bullying. Students who wish to compete should submit a design for the 2020 PEI Pink Shirt
• Interested in a poster, video or literary contest? The Anti-Racism Challenge 2019 is underway. Applications available in the library from Mrs. Killeen or online at peianc.com. Deadline is February 28, 2019.
• Readers Circle meets weekly on Wednesday at 12noon in library room 106. All welcome